BRG offers a wide range of training solutions that include industry courses in executive protection and surveillance detection, corporate training for workplace violence situations and travel security, to situational awareness and hard-targeting courses for the individual person.
Theories of executive protection - small unit tactics, 1 to 2 men teams
If you’re looking for executive protection training you will find a number of places that do a very good job but one vulnerability that we’ve found in various agents training jackets is simply the absence of training on small unit tactics. Many of the courses out there are State Department or Secret Service-centric when the reality of the private security industry is that you will probably be on your own or maybe working with one other agent at a time. This course is designed to give the practitioner an edge in those all too common scenarios when you are working with fewer assets than you are accustomed to.
- Introduction to EP
- What makes an EP Agent
- Verbal de-escalation techniques
- Understanding the Use of Force Continuum
- Understanding the type of attacks possible: kidnapping, stalking etc.
- Surveillance Detection
- Hostile Planning Cycle
- Most frequent attacks relative to clientele
- Concierge style EP
- Pocket items
- Terrorism, motives, methods
- Types of Principals
- Threat Assessments
- The Advance
- The Brief
- Other useful forms, checklists and templates
- The Protective Detail: Chain of command, roles/duties
- The Protective Duties (how to): Office, Residence, anywhere else
- EP Skills
- Immediate Action Drills
- Driving: Chauffeur vs. Security & when to use what
- Emergency First Aid – CPR/AED card will be earned
- CQB self-defense techniques
- 3rd party protection techniques
- Media Relations and dealing with Paparazzi
- Case Studies
- The Consummate EP Professional attitude
Places of Worship Security Team Training- 2 day
Preferably this training will be conducted at your facility with your team. Our goal is to come into your place of worship, conduct a hasty threat/vulnerability assessment, assess your available security assets and train you on a protection plan for your minister and congregation.
- Proactive protective measures such as hard targeting and deterrence
- EP for Religious Leaders and family
- Case Studies – videos and “what went wrong” session followed by “what could we do to prevent” session
- How to conduct your own risk, threat and vulnerability assessment on your facility
- Overt security
- Covert security
- Leveraging volunteers
- Who should be armed?
- A multilayered and multimodal approach to protection
- What is the enemy looking for?
- Protocols and SOP’s for protection
- Use of Force Continuum
- Should your team be armed?
- Emergency Evac Plan
- Developing a plan for regular training
Success in the EP Industry- 1-2 day*
The agents that when in the private security game are not always the ones you would expect. Being the strongest, fastest, biggest and baddest does not necessarily make you good at close protection. We have found that there are a number of very important soft skills, the synergy of which dictates who is and is not successful in the private security game. This course is designed to help anyone looking for success in the private security industry increase their chances of turning that dream into reality.
- EP Dreams vs. EP Realities
- The Consummate Professional Attitude
- Client interaction – Do & Don’t
- Understanding EQ
- 48 Laws of Power review
- How to dress tactical without looking tactical
- Etiquette class
- Interviewing techniques
- Interviewing practice & critique
- Networking secrets and strategy
- Building an effective resume (translating your MIL/LEO experience to what clients want to hear)
- Tricks to diplomacy and tact with hotel workers, drivers, hostesses & wait staff, and other people you will interact with on the job